catalogue - program detail
Producers And Consumers - The Energy Cycle
Understanding Life Systems
Science & Technology
Total Running Time
The Energy Cycle is the movement of energy from one living thing to other living things. Plants, the producers, use the energy from the sun to make food. Animals, the consumers, get that energy by eating plants. Other animals (secondary consumers) get that energy by eating the animals that ate the plants. The scavengers and decomposers take the energy from dead and waste materials and return some of it to the soil where it can be used again by plants. The main steps in the Energy Cycle are sunlight, producers, consumers, scavengers and decomposers. At each step of the Energy Cycle, energy can be stored, and the living things at each step depend on all the others to do their part.
- The Energy Cycle
- The Energy Cycle - Producers
- The Energy Cycle - Consumers
- The Energy Cycle - Scavengers
- The Energy Cycle - Decomposers
- The Energy Cycle - Natural Community
* Bulk Purchase/Public Library/Streaming Rights Prices Available on Request.